If you are viewing this page from your own Web server, you are already done with the installation.
The minimum requirement by PRADO is that the Web server support PHP 5.3.3. PRADO has been tested with Apache Web server on Windows, MacOSX and various Linux distro. Highly possibly it may also run on other platforms with other Web servers, as long as PHP 5.3.3 is supported.
PRADO can be installed as a standalone package or using composer
- Go to the Prado framework project page to grab the latest version of PRADO.
- Unpack the PRADO release file to a Web-accessible directory.
Your installation of PRADO is done and you can start to play with the demo applications included in the PRADO release via URL http://web-server-address/prado/demos/. Here we assume PRADO is unpacked to the prado subdirectory under the DocumentRoot of the Web server.
If you encounter any problems with the demo applications, please use the PRADO requirement checker script, accessible via http://web-server-address/prado/requirements/index.php, to check first if your server configuration fulfills the conditions required by PRADO.
- If you don't have installed composer already, install it globally:
$ curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php
$ php composer.phar install
- Create a composer.json file for your project:
- Now run the actual installation:
$ composer install
- In your project include the autoloader, and you will have access to the library classes: